Sunday, July 13, 2008

FINALS from Coach Jay!!

Dear Parents and swimmers

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for all your help so far this swim season. We have one swim meet left before our finals on August 2nd. I would like to ask you all for your help in planning for finals. Finals are a big event where all the teams in our division come together and participate in one last meet. When we plan for meets it takes us a couple of days to place swimmers in events and most times we have changes to make on the day of the meet. This takes me a couple of hours to do, but with finals I do not have that luxury. Once I submit the meet planner in for finals, it can not be changed. The planner is submitted on July 23 and it is very important that I know by then the exact attendance and who will absolutely miss the finals. We are only allowed 6 swimmers per event to include Freestyle and for some age groups this means that some swimmers will only have an opportunity to swim in one event. I will make every effort to put each swimmer in an event for the finals. This is why it is so important that I have an accurate head count of all participating swimmers to ensure each of our events are adequately covered and everyone has the opportunity to represent Lee’s Hill at our final competitions. Every no show impacts the entire team and takes away from someone else’s opportunity to compete. Please make every opportunity to clear your calendars for this event, Aug 2nd or let me yours plans to be away no later than July 23rd. If you have any questions or concerns please see me during or after practice, call, or e-mail. Many thanks!

Coach Jay

No comments: