Monday, August 30, 2010

FW: Swim Team Ribbon display idea

Now that summer is nearly over and we are faced with what to do with all the ribbons here is an easy and inexpensive answer. Mary found this clever way to display all the ribbons your swimmers received this summer and wanted to share.

Go Lightning!
Donna Aker
540-455-9141
donna_aker@hotmail.com
http://lhlflash.blogspot.com/
www.golightning.org
Online Missed Meet Form
www.pamperedchef.biz/akerduo


Hi Donna -

I found a creative way to display swim team ribbons and wanted to share it, in case anyone else is interested.  I doubt if people are still checking the Facebook page, so I was wondering if you'd email this out.  Don't feel obligated, though. 

I purchased a belt from Goodwill for $1.99 and attached all of one child's ribbons to it with glue dots.  Then, I looped the medals from finals through the buckle.  Finally, I hung it using a nail through one of the premade holes.  If needed, you could just nail a new hole somewhere in the belt.  I didn't do any pre-planning as far as placement of the ribbons, so with a little forethought, it will come out even better.

I can't take credit for the idea...I found it on the internet.  I've attached two photos showing the project, one from the front and one of the back so you can see it is a belt.

Mary

No comments: