Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lee's Hill Lightning News - Exhibition Meet

Lee’s Hill Lightning Families,

What a great first exhibition meet we had with Lake Wilderness!  All of our swimmers did an absolutely fantastic job! As I said last week, all the cheering, community spirit, and sportsmanship I witnessed in the pool is just phenomenal!

Lee’s Hill Lightning had five triple winners this week!

Congratulations to:

·         Shannon Minnich

·         Kelly Morrison

·         Noah White

·         Sam Kauppert

·         Erin Morrison

Thank you very much to all the volunteers who helped out! Without your dedication and commitment none of this is possible. I thought everything went fairly well. Again - I took away a lot of lessons learned from yesterday.  If anyone has any suggestions on how I could make things better – please let me know. I want to thank both of our announcers who worked through some difficult circumstances during the beginning of the meet, and also thanks to Tanner for helping to get it sorted out. I apologize if I was short with anyone – just trying to keep things moving and solve some issues.

At the beginning of the meet – a call went out for a Runner for the time cards.  I must apologize - I cannot remember who stepped up to help – could you please e-mail so I can give you credit.

Also, I had many people come up and ask if I needed help anywhere!  I really appreciate that!

Some of those lessons learned and issues I might need some help with:

·         The outside lights near the scoring room and concessions need to be replaced.

·         I will keep the water for volunteers near the deep end of the pool near the starters tent so the timers and stroke and turn officials can pick up a water as they move from the deep end to the shallow end or as they rotate.

·         Block off a couple of parking spaces for the Concession Runner and Emergency Responders

·         Public Address System - as communication is extremely important before and during the meet – until we get a functioning wireless system – I believe it is best we position the announces near the scoring room and use a wired microphone – will set up a table and chair for the Announcer – and will provide radios to the:  Referee, Clerk of Course, Meet Director, and the Announces for better communications. It has also been suggested that to make the meets more fun to possibly play some music.

I will send out another e-mail with details regarding next Wednesday’s AWAY meet with Spotswood.

Go Lightning!

Bob Denecke

Meet Director

 

Mission Statement

The Lee's Hill Lightning Swim Team is dedicated to the physical and emotional development of its swimmers. We instill in our swimmers and their parents the principles of good sportsmanship, teamwork, competitiveness, community spirit, and individual and team improvement along with the relentless pursuit of fun in the sport of swimming.

 

No comments: