Thursday, July 17, 2014

Lee's Hill Lightning News - Meet Results - Lee's Hill versus Grafton

Lee’s Hill Lightning Families,

 

What a nice night we had last night for a swim meet!  The weather and temperature cooperated nicely.

 

I believe that Grafton did a wonderful job running the meet, and kept it moving along smoothly. 

 

As far as I know, last night’s final score was:  Lee’s Hill  - 340    Grafton – 154

 

Congratulations to all our Lightning swimmers on a job well done! Lots of great cheering and swimming.

 

The Lee’s Hill Lightning had six triple winners in last night’s meet:

 

Erin Morrison

Sam Kauppert

Kate Chamberlain

Charlotte Denecke

Reid Schattgen

Steve Miller

 

Again, tremendous job by all the Lee’s Hill Lighting swimmers and volunteers!! Well Done!

See you at the pool!

 

Bob Denecke

Meet Director

 

 

"When I go out and race, I'm not trying to beat opponents, I'm trying to beat what I have done ... to beat myself, basically. People find that hard to believe because we've had such a bias to always strive to win things. If you win something and you haven't put everything into it, you haven't actually achieved anything at all. When you've had to work hard for something and you've got the best you can out of yourself on that given day, that's where you get satisfaction from."
Ian Thorpe

 

No comments: